We believe it is vital that our children are given the opportunity to become more nature-aware, to have fun in the natural world and to learn about the trees, plants, birds and animals on our doorstep.
All year, in every season and every week the children head into the woods that surround school and take part in fun, inspiring and creative sessions which are carefully structured.
Children are encouraged to:
- interact with the natural environment
- treasure what is on our doorstep
- learn about our native flora and fauna
- experience nature directly through woodland art and play
- focus and concentrate on an activity and then share their experience with others
There are many outcomes to Woodland Learning, most significantly:
an understanding that ordinary, everyday things have a beauty all of their own
- enhanced language development, including listening and speaking skills
- increased open-ended opportunities to be creative without constraints
- improved self-confidence and social skills
- a deeper connection with the natural world