If you would like your child to have a place at our school please contact us to arrange a chat.
Home Page

Peak Forest Church of EnglandVoluntary Controlled Primary School

Complaints procedure

School Complaints

If you have a concern or complaint, we would like you to tell us about it as we welcome suggestions for improving our work in the school.


Be assured that no matter what you wish to tell us, our support and respect for you and your child in the school will not be affected in any way. Please tell us of your concern as soon as possible. It is difficult for us to investigate properly an incident or problem which has happened some time ago.


Is it a complaint or a concern?

A ‘concern’ may be defined as ‘an expression of worry or doubt over an issue considered to be important for which reassurances are sought’.


A ‘complaint’ may be generally defined as ‘an expression of dissatisfaction however made, about actions taken or a lack of action’.


What to do first:

Most concerns/complaints can be sorted out quickly by speaking with your child’s class teacher. We always recommend that you have a conversation with the class teacher and check that the issue is not because of a miscommunication or misunderstanding.


If the teacher's response/actions after the conversation does not help to solve the situation then you should contact the school office: in person, by telephone, letter or email.


If the complaint is in relation to a child with SEND, then further guidance can be found in our SEND policy (attached below).


It is in everyone’s interest that complaints are resolved at the earliest possible stage. Many issues can be resolved informally, without the need to invoke formal procedures. We take informal concerns seriously and make every effort to resolve the matter as quickly as possible.


There are, however, occasions when complainants would like to raise their concerns formally. In these cases, the school’s formal procedure should be used through the stages outlined in the Complaints Policy below.